- What to Expect: You've undoubtedly seen my gallery and my style of work. There are things I'm good at and things I am still working on. So chances are if you want me to draw a cool superhero girl/woman, I'm your guy. If you want me to draw your alien creature that has the body of a man and squid, I don't think you'll get the quality you're looking for. If your commission falls within my wheelhouse, you'll probably end up getting a better quality product (though I'll do my best to accomodate you).
- No adult work: I don't do adult style work. No nudes, sex, hentai, tentacle monster etc. I have drawn the nude female form before but I'm more of your traditional comic book style guy. I'd be uncomfortable drawing your commission and it wouldn't be the quality you're looking for. Sexy, suggestive, pin up style (clothed) I can certainly do. Just check out my gallery. Bikini shots and all that are perfectly fine.
- Resolution and Size: I work at 300dpi, on a comicbook proportionate size canvas (digitally). I can do 8.5x11 if you'd like, but I basically add a bit more so it looks proportionately like a comic book page size. Exact size is 8.5x13.137 inches. This shrinks nicely for real comic book size covers or you can keep it big and print it on an 11x17 sheet with a nice border.
- Digital Files Only: I don't print the commission for you, I will send you the digital work that I've done and or a print safe file that you can print from as you wish. It is my intent that I will show this work on my deviant art profile and mention you as the commissioner. Should you want to include it in your own gallery, you would need to give me proper credit as the artist.
- Time line: I want you to feel excited about your commission and that you will get it in a timely manner. That said, I am doing this to help with my wedding. My regular day job will go on, as well as wedding planning and social obligations. So I will get your commission done with the care and time it deserves but be aware it could take me a while.
- Contracting/No Refunds: You are contracting me to do a digital drawing for you. You are asking my interpretation on content you are providing. If you don't like my interpretation their are no refunds. The commission was for my interpretation and if you've reviewed my gallery you can have a fair expectation of what you will get. I don't want to sound rude but this is to protect me. If you literally ask me to draw a stick figure, and I draw you a stick figure but you don't like it, I'm sorry, you asked for a stick figure and that's what I gave you.
- Payment: I've been in the creative business for a long time now. I've learned through non-art related projects that you get paid first. So unfortunately I will have to ask for payment upfront. Once I receive your payment I will begin work on your commission.
Whew, ok, I hope I didn't sound like an ass there. Its just important to set expectations for you and for me. Protects us both from disappointment. Lets talk about what I can offer:
- $150 one character: One character. Fully colored. Digitally Inked. Minimal background.
- $100 one character (cell shaded): One character. Cell colored. Digitally Inked. Minimal background.
- $50 one character (Inks, no Color): One character. Digitally Inked. No background.
To Get a Commission, please send me a note on deviant art with:
- Your Full Name
- Your active e-mail address (which I will use for further contact if you get a slot)
- What you would like to have me draw
- What package you would like to have
I will get back to you as soon as I can confirming that you have a slot and send you further information, or letting you know that I am already full up.
~Spacecowboytv (Eric Johnston)
The Tumblr Link | Twitter | The Best Supergirl Illustration Board | You Tube Channel